He reached the holy Sikh shrine shortly after 6 AM and spent around 15 minutes inside its sanctum sanctorum.
Wearing a grey turban and a white shirt, Mr Sajjan took a round of the Harmandir Sahib’s complex and spent over an hour in its premises.
Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) President Kripal Singh was also present when the minister reached the Golden Temple. SGPC is the prime Sikh body involved in management of gurudwaras.
Mr Sajjan is a Sikh whose native village, Bambeli, falls in Hoshiarpur district of Punjab.
The Canadian defence minister reached the holy city of Amritsar from New Delhi last evening.
The minister will be in Chandigarh tomorrow where he will inaugurate the new office of the Consulate-General of Canada.
- Golden Temple Not To Accept Demonetised Currency Notes From Devotees
- PM Narendra Modi Invokes Amritsar’s Close Links With Afghanistan
- PM Narendra Modi Offers Prayers At Lingaraj Temple in Bhubaneswar
- On Mission To ‘Save Punjab’, Navjot Sidhu Enthralls People With One-Liners
- Attempts Being Made To Create Tension In Goa: Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar
- UP Minister Seen At Beer Bar Opening, Asked by Yogi Adityanath To Explain
- Captain Amarinder Singh: A Man On The Mission