NEW DELHI: The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) feels that its staff, particularly those who deal directly with commuters, need better English speaking and communication skills. The Metro authority is looking for reputed coaching institutes to train them.
“We realised that while our frontline staff are comfortable with Hindi, their English speaking skills are not up to the mark. It is important to have good English speaking abilities too because many commuters, primarily foreigners, may not be conversant in Hindi,” a DMRC official said. “We are trying to engage a training institute of good repute, that has experience in this field to train our frontline staff,” the official said.
While communication skills and spoken English are part of DMRC’s training module for all staff members, the corporation feels it is not giving the desired results. “We felt that our existing training programme is not enough and we needed professional expertise,” the official said. The classes are scheduled to be held at DMRC’s training institute at Shastri Park.
The Metro authority has manpower of 8,000 personnel, including frontline staff, station controllers, train operators and customer-care executives. “The regular feedback received from customers of DMRC services also necessitated the exposure of DMRC frontline staff to such training interventions as their response, behaviour and dealing represent the “first moment of truth” for DMRC customers,” a spokesperson said. “The main objective is to increase positive behaviour of DMRC staff for customers,” he added.
- After 7-Hour Disruption, Bengaluru Metro Resumes Services
- Apply Online For Content Writer Internship Jobs in Mumbai for SEO Experts in “The Socialist”
- Mumbai Metro One 2017 Stats, Carried its 30th Crore Passenger on July 4
- In Most Cases of Sexual Violence in Delhi the Accused is known to the Victim : Study
- Feeling The Heat? Well, 80 Brand-New AC Buses Dumped In Gurgaon Junkyard
- ING Employees in Netherlands Will Get 1 Month’s Paid Paternity Leave at the Birth of a New Child
- Apply Online for Business Development Interns Jobs in Mumbai at Ketto Online Ventures Private Limited