Aurangabad, Maharashtra: A fisherman was booked for culpable homicide not amounting to murder after he handed over to his wife a plastic bag containing the mutilated body parts of his minor son. Accused Madhukar Wankhede claimed the four-year-old boy was run over by a train.
The incident came to light after the woman complained to police, said Investigating Officer Sandip A. Kale of Shilegaon police station, around 35 km from Aurangabad.
Mr Wankhede on Monday night had a bitter quarrel with his wife Pushpa. In a fit of anger, he picked up his son Om and left the house, vowing never to return.
However, he returned alone after a couple of hours. When Pushpa demanded to know the whereabouts of Om, he again left home and went to the tracks near Lassur railway station, from where he brought his son’s remains in a plastic bag. He claimed the boy was run over by a train.
The grieving woman complained to the police, accusing him of killing Om. Madhukar was arrested early on Tuesday, but he denied killing his son.
“He said he was walking along the tracks carrying his son when Om slipped from his hands in the darkness, fell on the railway line and was run over by a passing train,” Mr Kale said.
Mr Wankhede was presented in a local court, which remanded him in police custody till Friday.
- Mumbai Woman Jumps In Front Of Oncoming Train. Disappears. And Then This
- Two Women Fatally Stabbed in a Rampage at the Train Station in the Southern French City of Marseille : ISIS Attack
- Man Booked For Allegedly Raping Woman, Minor Daughter In Gurgaon
- Uttar Pradesh Street Hawker Arrested for Alleged Abduction and Rape of Two Girls of Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi District
- Man Hacks Woman To Death With Axe, Then Shoots Video
- A Video Showing a Georgia Police Officer Repeatedly Hitting a Woman With a Baton
- One Rupee Emergency Clinics To Come Up At 5 Metro Stations In Mumbai