Aurangabad: Among the first people to have scaled Mount Everest in two years, Rafiq Shaikh Patel of Aurangabad, Maharashtra, has created quite a record. Rafiq also happens to be the first policeman from Maharashtra to have reached the peak of the highest mountain in the world.
This, however, was not his first attempt. After an unsuccessful journey till one of the Everest base camps last year, Rafiq and his fellow mountaineers narrowly escaped an avalanche, caused as a result of the deadly Nepal earthquakes. But this setback could hardly crush Rafiq’s spirit as he promised to return a year later, and he remained true to his words, indeed.
Not just months, but years of gruelling training, are what helped Rafiq achieve this feat. His brother, Ashfaq Patel testifies as he says that Rafiq used to work and exercise every day. “His daily workout included driving a 25 kg-sandbag on a cycle from Aurangabad to Daulatabad, climb up the Daulatabad fort with it, come down and report to his duty at 9:30 am. For the last 4 to 6 years this has been his schedule continuously.”
His parents and colleagues are very proud. “We were very happy when we were told that our children have reached Everest,” said his father Tahir Patel.
Rafiq’s boss, the Superintendent of Police of Aurangabad, Navinchandra Reddy said, “He used to practise mountaineering on duty too. When he was on duty in Khultabad, he would seek permission from seniors in case he had some problems, but would always continue with his training.”
- Amisha Patel Caught Braless in Bold Dress/Outfit on Camera Photos & Wallpapers
- Punjab To Treat Absentee Staff As ‘Deemed Resigned’
- Ameesha Patel Cutest Selfies Ever on Internet – Ameesha Patel Taking Cute Selfies Photos
- Adorable Ameesha Patel Unseen Cutest Childhood Photos & Wallpapers on Internet
- Ameesha Patel Sizzling Hot & Bold Instagram Unseen Photos & Wallpapers
- ING Employees in Netherlands Will Get 1 Month’s Paid Paternity Leave at the Birth of a New Child
- NSW Government Is Being Accused Of Bending To Pressure From The Property Industry By Looking To Introduce Tax Breaks