Debt-laden Reliance Communications today said it will sell its direct-to-home (DTH) subsidiary, Reliance BIG TV, to Veecon Media and Television. Veecon will “acquire the entire shareholding of RBTV with business on ‘as-is where-is‘ basis, along with all existing trade liabilities and contingent liabilities”, Reliance Communications (RCom) said in a statement.
The companies have entered into a binding memorandum of understanding to this effect, it added. As part of the agreement, Veecon will retain nearly 500 employees of RBTV.
“The existing DTH licence of BIG TV shall be renewed with the submission of the required bank guarantees with the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting by the buyer,” the statement said.
RBTV’s 1.2 million customers will continue to enjoy uninterrupted services, it added.
“The transaction will help reduce the liability of unsecured creditors, benefiting all stakeholders, including lenders and shareholders of RCom,” it said.
The deal is subject to requisite approvals from licensors, regulatory authorities and lenders of RCom. The transaction is part of RCom’s efforts to focus on B2B businesses. RCom, which plans to shut down voice call service from December 1, has also made a comprehensive debt resolution plan to its domestic and foreign lenders. It had earlier stated that the lenders would convert part of their debt to equity to gain 51% control of the company.
The Anil Ambani-led company will also sell telecom tower and real estate business to pay off Rs 27,000 crore out of Rs 45,000 crore debt on its books, it had stated last month.
Related Searches: Reliance Communication, Reliance Communication DTH, Reliance Communication DTH Sold, Reliance Communication DTH Sold to Veecon, Reliance Communication BIG TV Sold Out, Reliance BIG TV DTH Sold
- Broadcom Offers to buy Smartphone Chip Supplier Qualcomm for $103 Billion in Cash & Stock
- Amazon Links with Winery to Sell Line of Wines Online 2017
- Reliance Jio Phone 2017 Price in USA United States, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France & India
- Reliance Jio Phone Rumors, Photos, Wallpapers, Specifications, Price & Launch Date
- Barnes & Noble Shares Soared After an Activist Investor Urged the Company to Sell Itself
- Nike has Confirmed that it will Begin Selling its Products Directly on Amazon & Instagram
- Reliance Jio New Tariff Plans Chart After Expiration of Summer Surprise Offer 2017