South Korean tech giant Samsung has announced a new program — called the Galaxy Experience Program — in its home country by which it will give a chance to iPhone users to use its flagship smartphone Galaxy S8 or the flagship phablet Galaxy Note8 for a month.
Interested users can apply for the program between November 21-27 online. Samsung will then select 10,000 customers by November 30 who will be asked to collect the handset from Samsung Digital Plaza between December 1-11. Samsung is charging a participation fee of $45 over the price of the handset. This, however, will be refunded in case the user decides to keep the Galaxy handset and user will get a JBL Bluetooth speaker and Display damage insurance for free. In case, any user decides to return the Galaxy handset, Samsung will refund the cost of the device but not the participation fee.
A Samsung Electronics official said, “Through this Galaxy Experience Program, I want to give iPhone users the opportunity to experience the differentiated value of Galaxy and to select products.”
Samsung’s Galaxy Note8 came to India in September, as the successor to last year’s unfortunate Galaxy Note 7 at Rs 67,900. Available in Classic Midnight Black and Metal Gray colour options, the phablet is the first device from Samsung to feature a dual rear camera setup. It includes two 12MP sensors, the first one being a wide angled lens with f/1.7 aperture, and the second being a telephoto zoom lens with f/2.4 aperture. On the front, there is an 8MP selfie camera with f/1.7 aperture.
The handset sports a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED ‘Infinity’ display of 2960x1440p resolution. Running Android 7.1.1 Nougat, it is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. It has 64GB internal storage.
Between November 21 and November 27 iPhone South Koreans can apply for the Galaxy Experience Program online. 10,000 people will be selected, and then they have to collect their unit from Samsung Digital Plaza between December 1 and December 11.
The participation fee is KRW50,000/$45 on top of the price of the device that you have to put down as a deposit of sorts. If you opt to get the phone the participation fee is refunded and you get a JBL Bluetooth speaker and Display damage insurance for free and discounts on a number of official accessories.
Related : Samsung Galaxy Experience, Samsung Galaxy Experience Upgrade, Samsung Galaxy Experience Program, Samsung Galaxy Experience Launch, Samsung Galaxy Experience in South Korea
- Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition 2017 Price in Singapore, Netherlands, Kuwait, Russia, Czechia & New Zealand
- Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro 2017 Price in USA United States, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France & India
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt 2017 Price in Singapore, Netherlands, Kuwait, Russia, Czechia & New Zealand
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Price in Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, United States Dollars, UK Pounds & German Euros
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus 2017 Price in USA United States, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, France & India
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Mini Price in Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, United States Dollars, UK Pounds & German Euros
- Samsung Galaxy On Max Rumors, Photos, Wallpapers, Specifications, Price & Launch Date