KOLKATA: Sanjiv Goenka has been nominated as the Chairman of the Board of Governors of Indian Institute of Technology – Kharagpur. President Pranab Mukherjee, in his capacity as visitor of the institute has nominated Sanjiv Goenka, Chairman, RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group for the role for a period of three years.
“We are delighted to have Goenka back with us in the Institute to chair the BoG again. We look forward to reaching greater heights under his guidance. He was the chairman when I was appointed the Dean earlier. My initial discussion with him on his taking charge as chairman again has been extremely encouraging.” said Partha Pratim Chakrabarti, director of IIT Kharagpur.
The Board of Governors of the Institute is the highest administrative body comprising eminent panel of external representatives which include Arundhati Bhattacharya, chairperson, State Bank of India, Sudha N. Murty, chairperson, Infosys Foundation, N. Balakrishnan from IISc Bangalore, Jai Pal Mittal, M N Saha Distinguished Professor (NASI) and institutional representatives including Partha Pratim Chakrabarti, director, IIT Kharagpur and Pradip Pyne, registrar as ex-officio members and Dipanwita Roy Chowdhury and Manoj K. Tiwari as senate representatives of the Institute.
- IIT Kharagpur, Indiana University To Study Kolkata’s Wetlands
- Full Story on Why Bihar Deputy CM Sushil Kumar Modi Filed Allegation Against Lalu Prasad and Family
- Now, Kurtas, Pyjamas And Churidaars At IIT-Kanpur Convocation
- Singareni Collieries Pays Rs 50-Crore First Installment for New Railway Line
- New Tax Regime to Lower Cost of Thermal Power after GST
- Bihar Topper Ganesh Kumar, Now Arrested For Fraud, Is 42, Has Two Kids, Says Board
- Protesters to March for Public Education on Washington in Response to Potential Cuts